PASSPORT FOR MINORS
To obtain a Passport for Minor (Under the Age of 16), the following documents are required:
- Complete the DS-11 New Passport Application form online – Go to https://pptform.state.gov/FraudAbuseNotice.aspx and select the box acknowledging that you “Have read the Privacy and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts Notices and Disclaimers” and click on SUBMIT. On the following page, select SUBMIT under the “Apply Online” tab.
- Two (2) Passport Size Photos – No more than three (3) months old. Please note that no glasses are allowed.
- Passport size (2×2 in)
- We suggest you follow the US Passport office guidelines: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports
- Important Application Tips:
- Include all names as listed on your Birth Certificate/Naturalization Document
- When selecting size of passport, you can select Large Book (if you travel abroad frequently)
- Processing Methods – Expedited at Agency Service $60
- Delivery Methods – Standard Delivery (FREE)
- Print the application with the auto generated bar code, once submitted online
- DO NOT Sign nor date the application – until appointment with Acceptance Agent
- Cannot make any corrections, such as write-over, scratch out, and/or white out on the printed application
- Any signed/date applications will not be accepted when presented to the Acceptance Agent
- Original Proof of U.S. Citizenship – such as Original or Certified Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate. Documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you with your newly issued U.S. passport.
- Please note an Abstract Birth Certificate is not acceptable, please obtain the Long Form Birth Certificate
- Evidence of Relationship – Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must submit evidence of their relationship to the minor applicant such as Birth Certificate with both parents’ names, Adoption Decree with adopting parents’ names, or court order establishing custody or guardianship. Documentation submitted as relationship evidence will be returned to you with the newly issued U.S. passport. Please note that evidence of a legal name change must be submitted, if the name of a parent/guardian has changed since the original documents were issued, such as a marriage license or court order.
- Copy of the Parents’ Identification – When applying for a minor under age 16, both parent(s)/guardian(s) must present acceptable identification at the time of application, such as state issued Driver’s License or Government Identification Card (city, state, or federal). Please also provide photocopies of the identification presented.
Note: If one of the parents cannot be present, you must submit a DS-3053 Parent Consent Form – fully completed and notarized. For Single parent custody, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Proof of Travel – such as a copy of travel itinerary airline ticket showing travel within 14 days of application or 21 days of application if needing to apply for a visa next
- One (1) Authorization Form – Fully completed and signed – it will authorize us to submit your passport application on your behalf
- Passport Fees:
- A money order or check payable to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE for $140.00
- A separate payment of $35.00 will be paid directly to the acceptance facility you present your documentation to (further details on Step 3 below).
- One Full Copy of all required documents
- One (1) Completed Service Order Form
INSTRUCTIONS: Having your documents Authorized by a Government Passport Acceptance Agent
- Present the documents listed above to an Acceptance Agent found at your local post office or court house for authorization. To find the nearest location, please go to http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/.The fee of $25.00 is paid at this time by credit card, check, cash, or money order. It is highly recommended that you contact the acceptance facility in advance to confirm hours of operation, if an appointment is required, and acceptable forms of payment.
- Both Parents Must Sign and Date The Passport Application – The Acceptance Agent will instruct you to sign and date the print out of your completed DS-11 New Passport Application form in his/her presence (the documents must be received at our office within 5 days from the date on the application). *If both parents cannot be present, please contact The Visa Team at email@example.com for further instructions and requirements
- Sealing of Your Documents – Once your documents have been authorized, the Acceptance Agent will take the documents listed below, seal them up in an envelope, and give the sealed envelope back to you. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE
- Completed and signed DS-11 New Passport Application form
- Two Color Passport Photos
- Original Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Evidence of Relationship
- Copy of Parents’ Identification
- One Completed Authorization Form
- Proof of Travel
- Money order or check payable to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE for $140.00
FINAL STEP: Once the Authorization process is complete, please send the following to our office:
- Sealed Envelope
- Full Copy of ALL Documents enclosed in the sealed envelope
- One (1) Completed Service Order Form